Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Mail merge from Outlook is cumbersome, any ideas?

See the Code Methods at http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/startletter.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"BNethery" wrote in message
In the 2000 version, you could gather contacts into a virtual file and
query
for the names all day from that same virtual file rather quickly. Now I
am
on the Office Professional 2003 version with Outlook 2003 and it takes
forever to download the contacts each time and search for someone else to
send to. I use the templates on a group server for many proposal types
with
unique phrasing, I cannot access them from within Outlook to do a single
letter at a time as I had done in the past.