WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I adjust the width of the header and footer?

Adjusting the Width of the Header and Footer in Microsoft Word

1. Double-click on the header or footer section to activate it.
  1. 2. Click on the "Header & Footer Tools" tab that appears on the ribbon.
    3. Click on the "Design" tab.
    4. In the "Options" group, click on "Different First Page" if you want to adjust the width of the header or footer on the first page only.
    5. Click on "Different Odd & Even Pages" if you want to adjust the width of the header or footer on odd or even pages only.
    6. Click on "More Options" in the "Options" group.
    7. In the "Header/Footer Position" section, you will see options for "From Edge" and "From Text". Adjust the "From Edge" value to increase or decrease the width of the header or footer.
    8. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

You can also adjust the width of the header or footer by dragging the markers on the ruler. However, this may not work if you have set specific margins for your document. In that case, you will need to adjust the margins first before adjusting the header or footer width.