Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
cew47 cew47 is offline

Default Problems merging with Excel

I am using Word and Excel 2003 for a salary letter mail merge. When I create
a filter on the query options in Word, in some instances, the first record
within that filtered data is dropped. For example, if the records I need are
in rows 10-25, and I enter the filter data to return those records, row 10
will not merge.

Also, the very first record in the entire Excel spreadsheet is always
included no matter what I put in the filter options. Any suggestions?

I've checked the data source information (Excel file) and everything is
correct.