Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Susan[_3_] Susan[_3_] is offline

Default Word documents from records in csv file?

Thanks. It will work for one record but would be too much for several
records.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
If I needed to have the csv file in Word format, I would open the file
with Excel, copy the resulting columns/rows to the clipboard, then paste
into Word (to produce a Word table), then save in Word format.

You could do everything using Word (e.g., using mailmerge, and sending the
output to a file; or using find/replace), but using Excel as an
intermediary strikes me as easier. If you plan to use the resulting file
as a data file, in fact, you might simply leave it in Excel format, and
not bother converting it to Word.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Susan" wrote in message
If you have a csv file and you would like to create a standardized word
document for a record in the csv file, how would you do that? Can anyone
point me in a direction to start reading? If there a way to set up a
word document to pull fields for entries from another file? Or maybe
there is another MS product to explore?

Thanks,
Susan