Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Problem w/Odd Section Breaks & Pg #'s

Hi dk,

If you select the last character in the last paragraph of the Section, plus the paragraph mark and press Shift-F9, the field code
will be displayed.

If you add/remove pages, the field code will recalculate next time you print the file or do a print preview. You can also force them
to recalculate manually, by selecting them as above (or via Ctrl-A) and pressing F9.

--
Cheers
macropod

"dk" wrote in message ...
Hi Macropod,
I wanted to thank you for your help. I tried the fields and it worked, but I
was having trouble finding the field after I inserted it.

It seemed to me that I had to pick with field to insert based on the number
of pages at the current time. Well, what if they change? Say I used the
"{IF{=MOD({PAGE},2)}= 0 {QUOTE 12}}" and later a page is deleted or added, is
this field still correct?

dk

"macropod" wrote:

Hi dk,

You could overcome this by adding a field coded as follows at the end of the last paragraph in each Section:
{IF{=MOD({PAGE},2)}= 1 {QUOTE 12}}
With this coding, any Section that ends with an odd page will automatically have a new even page inserted after it. That will
force
the next Section to start on a true odd page, rather than relying on a logical page break. It also means you can use 'ordinary'
Section breaks instead of odd-page ones.

Using:
{IF{=MOD({PAGE},2)}= 0 {QUOTE 12}}
inserts a new odd page if the Section ends in an even page.

Note: The field brace pairs (ie '{ }') for the above examples are created via Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them or copy &
paste
them from this message.

--
Cheers
macropod

"dk" wrote in message ...
I am working with a document based on my normal template, which has a few odd
page section breaks to bump the chapter openings to the right and be numbered
with an Odd page number.

here is my situation:

Page numbers are sequential, When pdfed all chapter openings are on the
right side, as they should be.

Page numbers are restarting at 1 for each chapter opening (1-1), When pdfed
all chapter openings are not correct, they are just as they fall (mainly on
left side).

Word is seeing the odd page numbers as Even, if you look at the bottom
status bar of your word window (for example, Page 1 Sec 2 6/15).

Anyone having this problem?

ANY and ALL comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance.