Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Patrick Patrick is offline

Default How do I center text vertically on labels in Word 2007?

Thanks for the info Doug but it did not solve the label problem. I can find
all the necessary information for tables but I cannot access it after I pick
"labels" under the "mailings tab". In the label help, all information is for
envelopes. Here is what I have found after I get the "labels" window. I right
click the label and get two picks...one for "font" and one for "paragraph".
When I pick "paragraph" I can center the test alignment horizontally but not
vertically. There is also another box which states "body text" and displays
levels 1 to 9, which I have no idea what that is. I have tried help in search
and get no information. I have also checked under "options" and every other
pick available to no avail. I use Avery 5260 and 5267 labels and I have
downloaded Avery's Wizard 3.1 which is supposed to be designed to work with
Word 2007 but it does not have a pick to center vertically either. I had none
of this trouble with my Word 2002 and Avery's wizard for that version of
Word. All the information was readily available.
Do you have any further ideas related to this problem?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

With the selection in a label, the Table Tools tab of the Ribbon will be
activated and if you select the Layout tab, it has an Alignment section.

Alternatively, if you right click when the cursor is in a cell, you will
have a Cell Alignment item on the short cut menu that appears.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Patrick" wrote in message
I have checked the "Help" in Word 2007 regarding this and it refers to
settings within the "Table" menu. I cannot find the information related to
table settings either. Has anyone have any answers?