Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
green green is offline

Default Protecting Portions of Documents

Thanks for your help

This is close to what I want, but not exactly. How would I be able to
protect everything in these sections except for document numbers, dates, and
permission numbers? these numbers within the section still need to be
editable, but the rest should stay the same throughout all of the documents.

Thanks

"macropod" wrote:

Hi green,

If you use Section breaks to separate the parts of the document that you want to be editable from those that shouldn't be, you could
then protect the document for forms, making only the 'uneditable' Sections protected (see under Tools|Protect Document - or Alt-t,
p).

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"green" wrote in message ...
I work at a company where we work with multiple documents with similar
formatting. We do have a template with specific styles. We want the
employees to be able to use the document as the basis of their documents, but
we do not want them to be able to change certain things such as header
format, table headers, or privacy statements.

Is there a good way to protect only these portions of the documents or
template while allowing the employees to update only the specific document
numbers and dates within the protected portions?

Thanks