Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default Don't want to Select Data Source EVERY time I open the merge docum

I seem to have stumbled onto a resolution for this problem, although I don't
know why it works. In the merges that I was doing both my document and my
data source resided on a folder on a server, while the user was at a network
workstation. By moving the data source onto the "C" drive of the local
machine it now retains the data source on the merge document. As I say, I
don't know WHY this works, but I've tried it now in both of the locations
where I was having the data source retention problem and it has fixed it in
both cases.

Dennis

"sally" wrote:

I have correctly assigned a data source to the word 2003 document and now
want my user to simply open the document and select to Merge to New Document.
This option is not available though, since the user must go and OPen Data
Source every time. Please help!