Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Elaine Elaine is offline

Default Line above Footnote

My many thanks for the answer. I'll try I'll try it.

You are GREAT!
--
Thank you... Elaine

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Although I don't advise it, yes, you can do that. How you access it depends
on your version of Word, but in the Footnotes pane (accessible only from
Normal/Draft view), choose Footnote Separator in the dropdown. Select the
separator and Ctrl+C to copy. Then choose Footnote Continuation Separator,
select the separator, and Ctrl+V to paste. Close the pane. But the
continuation separator is intentionally differentiated as an aid to the
reader.

http://word.mvps.org

"Elaine" wrote in message
Is there any way to customize the footnote continuation separator to make
it
shorter?

I thank you for your support.
--
Thank you... Elaine

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

That is the Footnote Continuation Separator, which indicates that the
first
footnote is a partial one carried over from the previous page.

http://word.mvps.org

"Elaine" wrote in message
I have multiple footnotes and on one of the pages the line above the
footnote
is from margin to margin.

Is there a way change the length of the line above the "footnote" for
this
one page?
--
Thank you... Elaine