Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default building block questions

The biggest problem is likely to be one of identification of the many
paragraphs. I doubt that you will realise any practical limits as to the
content in practice. You *may* find the boiler.dot add-in
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm useful as it offers an alternative
method of inserting texts graphics etc - this time stored as documents. You
might also investigate autocorrect which I find a much more convenient
method of storing repeatable items as it does not require selection from a
list and will hold anything an autotext/building block entry will load. If
you use this method, I would suggest prefixing the trigger words with a
character never found in front of those words eg #para1 or %para2 etc

cayce wrote:
Is there a capacity limit on the amount of content building blocks
can hold?

We will be developing a new template in Word 2007. Our goal is to
have LOTS of boiler-plate content in building blocks that the
engineer can pick from to "build" his/her document. I am leaning
towards using each of the 4 custom galleries: one to house many, many
individual paragraphs or even pages of text, a gallery just for
pictures, a gallery for tables, and a gallery for miscellaneous.

Is there a capacity issue of individual entries and all of building
blocks in general that we need to consider? Are there any special
precautions or naming conventions we need to be mindful of before
venturing off into building the galleries? Has anyone else done this
sort of thing and encountered problems or have lessons learned to
share?

This is new turf for me and I want to avoid any pitfalls.