Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cayce cayce is offline

Default building block questions

thanks Bob. I appreciate this added information; it should help as I start to
build the Custom Galleries.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Cayce,

Graham's answer on clicking the column header refers to the Building Block Organizer,
(Insert=QuickParts=Building Block Organizer).
and even that has some oddities to it compared to 'regular' Windows dialogs

For entries in the individual galleries when accessed from the ribbon they are displayed in this sequence:

Gallery
Category
Entry

Each of these is shown alphabetically, so you can get a category to appear before 'Built-in' category by calling it
' My Category' or
'~My Category' or
'1. My Category'

(i.e. a space character, numbers and punctuation appear before 'alphas'
You do not need to use the predefined entries or categories, and you can do the same with entries in the categoryl.

Note that when you edit the properties of a building block that the entries are listed in a gallery in accordance with these
assigned titles, no matter if they're actually stored in multiple/different building block template files.

"cayce" wrote in message ...
thanks Graham. Are there any choices about how to organize the list of items
that are placed in a Custom Gallery the user would be picking from?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP