Bob Mathews

On 21-Jan-2005, "MB_" wrote:

I teach math and really like Math Type in conjunction with
WORD to create tests.
SO, bottom line: does anyone know of a program (there
must be plenty out there) that will draw graphs, is easy
to use, and most important I need to be able to copy the
graph into my .doc.?

Hi Mel,

I can recommend one that we don't produce, but I know the authors
and they have done a bang-up job with it. The product is called
Autograph, and is very easy to use. You can easily insert an
Autograph plot or graph into your Word document, and if you want
to, you can even label it with MathType. Autograph not only
graphs standard functions, but implicit functions, conic
sections, and contour plots. You can animate the graph at a speed
you choose, which gives a handy way to analyze a graph WRT time.
You can vary the values of constants, which helps students see
the effect of various coefficients and other values in the
equation. It'll do 3D too, if you're so inclined. It's published
in the UK, but they have a US distributor. (I'm assuming you're
in the US, but I realize that may not be a correct assumption.)
You can find out everything you need to know, including
downloading a 30-day trial version at www.autograph-math.com.
--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training 830-990-9699