Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Inserting image: only bottom of image visible

The symptom of seeing only the bottom of the picture indicates that
the paragraph in which you're inserting it is set to an "exact" line
spacing. In the Format Paragraph dialog, change the spacing from
"exact" to "at least" to allow the line space to expand to the full
height of the inserted picture.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On 19 Mar 2007 19:31:58 -0700, wrote:

I have a document which I downloaded formatted as per a conference
specifications, and am now trying to insert images into it. However,
when I try to insert an image the image is either missing completely
or only the very bottom of it is visible; it seems to insert inline
with text (which I want) but it is "covered" by the text or whitespace
above it. I've tried inserting from a file and copy-paste from
another application to no avail. When I change the text wrapping to
"square" it works fine. Also when I copy-paste from another Word
document in which the figures are already it works fine (unless I
choose "match destination styles" on the paste in which case the same
problem happens). Any ideas?
Thanks much!!!
Niki Kittur