Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
safety works[_2_] safety works[_2_] is offline

Default change auto correct date format

Thanks for the reply. I did try this already and the box was checked, but it
still didn't work properly. However, today when I attempted to type in a
date, it auto-completes perfectly. Go figure...

"Mary" wrote:

It's actually Auto complete part of auto correct. Look up 'Automatically
insert date' in Help for complete directions. Part of it says this: If the
current date is not displayed, you may need to turn on the AutoComplete
feature. On the Insert menu, point to AutoText, and then click AutoText.
Select the Show AutoComplete suggestions check box.

"safety works" wrote:

I like the auto correct feature in Word 2003 that completes a date when I
type a few characters. However, I somehow changed the format and don't know
how to change it back. Example: I want it to suggest "February 22, 2008 "
but somehow it now prompts "2008-2-22" after I have already typed the full
date.

I know I made some unintentional click that changed this, but, alas, don't
know what it was or how to fix it.

thanks