Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeB[_2_] MikeB[_2_] is offline

Default Change/revision bars in the margin

In days of yore, when GML was still the style to create documents in
(yes, now I'm betraying my age!), one could indicate revisions to a
large document by adding a markup character in the margin.

For instance, a horizontal bar - |

It was a manual and rather tedious process, but it meant that a
document could be quickly reviewed for changes.

Is there a similar technique for a Word (2007, if it matters) document
that does not include color or other font changes?