Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Exporting a table into Access2003.

Hi Frank,

I have Word/Access2003.

With a scanner I have successfully converted
a table in a book into a table in Word2003.

I want to transfer this Word2003 table into a
table in Access2003.

Select the table. Table/Convert/Table to Text. Save as a
plain text file (make sure there's nothing else in the
document!). The result will be a standard delimited text
file which Access should be able to import.

Caveat: if the table cells contain paragraph marks you'll
need to remove them (or replace them with something else)
before converting to text. The record delimiter is a
paragraph and you can't change that.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)