notmyrealnamemcgee notmyrealnamemcgee is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Changing font size without screwing up formatting

Hi there

I'm hoping you can help me! I have an around 400 page long document to format for someone else. They need it to go from a 12-point font to a 10-point font. Unfortunately, this makes it so that there is a large white space left at the bottom. The person who created the original document seems to have typed up the page numbers so the only way to get around them is to manually delete them. Changing the font size changes all the formatting... and is very frustrating. I thought I had a good handle on word but maybe I don't. Any help please?

I have tried to change the margins but the program says that these are invalid.