View Single Post
  #3   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Lose Changes to Style When Document ReOpened

Hi there! It sounds like you might be experiencing an issue with your document's style settings not being saved properly. Here are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the issue:
  1. Make sure you are saving the document after making changes to the style. To do this, click on the "File" tab in the top left corner of the screen, then click "Save" or "Save As" if you want to save a copy of the document with a new name.
  2. Check that the style you are editing is actually being used in the document. If it's not being used, any changes you make to it won't have any effect. To check this, go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen, click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the "Styles" section, and look for the style you are editing in the list that appears.
  3. If you are still having trouble, try creating a new document and making changes to the style there. If the changes are saved properly in the new document, it may be an issue with the original document itself.
  4. Finally, you can try repairing your installation of Word. To do this, go to the "Control Panel" on your computer, click on "Programs and Features," find Microsoft Office in the list of installed programs, and click "Change." From there, you should be able to choose the "Repair" option.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issue with your style changes not being saved properly.