tronners tronners is offline
Junior Member

Default Place table at top of page, within paragraph

Hi all,

I am writing a thesis and am having some problems formatting. I have a large table of data that takes up just over one half of a page. Fitting this in between text is a problem as I dont have a suitable gap where I can fit it in between paragraphs without splitting the table across two pages or having a page break which leaves a large amount of unused space.

What I would like to do is place the table (with caption above it) at the top of a page and have the text flowing around it so that the paragraph from the page before will continue after the table. In effect I would like to 'separate' the table form the rest of the text so that i either add or remove text from the page before the text will continue to flow around the table without being placed above the table on the page (i still have a fair amount of revising to do!)

I think this should be possible but just cant find a way to do it!

Thanks in advance for your help