Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kimmi Kimmi is offline

Default Searching and replacing form fields

Hi Cindy
I'm talking about unprotected documents. I use form fields as a way of
people jumping to the next fill in spot using F11 key, but as they will also
be editing lots of other areas of the document it's not protected. One
example is a form text field containing [ as the default text. And we want
to be able to search and replace this in one go, without removing all field
codes from the document.
Thanks

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?S2ltbWk=?=,

I am trying to search for a form field containg a square bracket and replace
it with nothing. There are lots of occurrences in the document and if I do a
simple search and replace or [ with nothing, the square bracket returns when
the fields are updated. And there are other form fields that I don't want to
replace!

I'm using word 2000

We're talking about a protected document, here? And you're trying to run
find/replace on the protected document, or the unprotected one?

Could you give us an example of content in a form field you're trying to
replace?

Is there any chance this is a "prompt" placeholder (default text) for the form
fields?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org