Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RyanRay RyanRay is offline

Default cannot turn off auto format options for styles

I have a large document consisting of a number of different styles throughout
and am experiencing two major problems:
1.) When I attempt to change the formatting of certain text items within the
file, 99% of the time Word changes the style throughout the entire document.
Often this maxes out my CPU utilization and crashes Word. I've tried removing
any AutoCorrect options I could find, however this still seems to be an issue.
2.) The text sections in the document seem to be linked together in some
way, often causing only a paragraph of text to be displayed on a single page.
I can correct this some of the time by changing the page view and inserting
hard page breaks, but can't figure out what's causing the sections to link
together even if there are link breaks within.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.