Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word / Excel mailmerge problem

The converter was withdrawn after Office XP I think and is now "use at your
own risk". If you upgraded from XP, that's probably why it's on your
machine. You can get a version from Graham Mayor's site at

http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm

(NB, if you move to Office 2007, I don't think you'd be able to use the
converter at all, at least not for Excel sheets in the new format. If you
haven't done so already, you might find a visit to
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0003.htm useful as far as Word/Excel mailmerge
issues are concerned, but it's fairly long and detailed).

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Lucifa42" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm trying to do a mailmerge from Word 2003 and Excel 2003.
I've done loads of these before but now I'm getting a problem.

In the particular merge I'm doing, I'm using the "confirm conversion on
open" box to select "MS excel via converter". This all works fine on my
pc
with no problems.

I've gone to another PC to do it and the "MS excel via converter" is not
there! I've tried pressing 'show all' and searching for it, but no luck.
I've also looked on other PC's here, but none of them have it, only my PC
appears to have it. All of the PC's I'm trying are Windows XP, with
either
Office 2003 Pro or Standard (mine is Pro).

Help !