Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sjnet sjnet is offline

Default Changing default tabs in one paragraph changes all tabs

In a large Word 2003 document, I'm trying to change the default tabs for one
paragraph, or a selection of paragraphs, by selecting them, then going to
Format: Tabs: Default Tab stops and changing them from .25" to .5". The
result is that the tabs in the entire document change from .25" to .5". I
haven't noticed this behaviour before. Is there some other formatting that
could interfere with the tab setting change? Is there any other way to
change the tabs besides manually entering tabs for paragraphs in which I
don't want to use the default tabs?