Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Steve1445[_2_] Steve1445[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 mail merge for catagory listing, not listing in the returnof the data.

I have followed this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294686/
to the letter. I have re-created their example with an Excel
spreadsheet and have used my own. In either case I cannot get the
result to sort the data with a heading and sub information. Each
record continues to show up on its own page (without the use of a
forced page break).

The code, straight out of the KB article:

{IF {MERGESEQ} = "1" " {MERGEFIELD CITY}
" ""}{SET PLACE1{MERGEFIELD CITY}}
{IF {PLACE2} {PLACE1}

{MERGEFIELD CITY}

{MERGEFIELD EMPLOYEE}{MERGEFIELD SALES}""{MERGEFIELD CITY}{MERGEFIELD
SALES}"}{SET PLACE2{MERGEFIELD CITY}}

I can toggle through the code and all looks like it is working, just
not listing the information in the pages as it ought to. I am using
this in a more complex project but if I can't get the basic stuff to
display correctly ...

I am using Word and Excel 2007 for this.