Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word merge using sharepoint lists directly?

b. The correct VBA to do this still eludes me

Not any more...

Peter Jamieson

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
If you are still interested in this, I believe it is possible to merge
from a Sharepoint list using a linked table in Access, but it's tricky to
set up.

However, to do that, you need Access on your system and you need to link
to the relevant Sharepoint list(s). Also, you will probably find that Word
does not "see" the linked tables when you try to link to the Access
database, but I believe it will correctly use them if you issue the
correct SQL in a VBA OpenDataSource command.

I believe it should be possible to create an Access .mdb and the
appropriate linked tables programmatically using ADOX (even if you haven't
got Access on your system) but even that is tricky because
a. you need to find out the "internal" name of the Sharepoint list in
order to create the linked table. There are apparently ways to do that
programmatically but I haven't explored them yet. The simplest way is to
use Access to create the link and examine the resulting table's
properties, but of course that means you have to have Access (although you
could probably distribute the resulting .mdb to non-Access systems)
b. The correct VBA to do this still eludes me

Peter Jamieson

"Søren Dalhoff" wrote in message
Is it possible to merge word directly using sharepoint data list, without
exporting the sharepoint data into excel and then merging with excel?

Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003, Premium Edition
Office 2003