Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default metadata?

The text is probably in a footer that is not currently being used. To find
it, create a document of at least three pages. In the Options group of the
Header & Footer Tools Design tab, check both "Different first page" and
"Different odd and even pages." Then look through all three footers (First
Page, Even Page, Odd Page) for the elusive text.

"Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect"
rosoft.com wrote in
message ...
I started a new job and am using Word 2007 with Vista. When I use spell
check it goes through the document and then finds stuff that I didn't
type.
For instance, it appears that someone saved a document created from
another
law firm. When I spell check that document, that firms name address, etc.
shows up in what I am sure is a footer. But when I close the document and
do
a search, I can't find it anywhere. Where is it coming from and how do I
remove it?

Lisa B