Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Fields inside footer -- Last record showing field instead of data

When you say "print" are you actually executing the merge to the printer or
just printing a preview of the results?

If you print the new document created by executing the merge is that OK?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Benjamin Bryan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, I am doing a letter mail merge with a CSV file, and have six fields
in the footer. (fields 6 and 7 are sometimes blank depending on number
of address lines).

«3»
«6»
«7»
«8»
«9»
«10»

The merge preview correctly shows all the fields. The last record will
look fine. e.g.

123456
Mr. Someonebody Someone
123 Some Street
Some City, Zip
Some Country

Next I do the actual merge as a new document and the last record still
shows up fine like it did in the merge preview.

Now if I print, or do print preview the LAST record will show a «7»
in the name field instead of the data.

123456
«7»
123 Some Street
Some City, Zip
Some Country

It is only «7», the name field that has this problem, and it is only
on the last record. And it always looks fine after doing the merge as
a new document, but when I print, or do a print preview it will
print/show the field «7» instead of the field data.

I am using Windows XP Pro
Mirosoft Office 2003 (11.6568.6568) SP2
....all the latest updates are installed AFAIK

I am using a footer because I don't want the alignment on the bottom
section of our receipts to be messed up (this gets printed on a
form)... some people that have to edit this are prone to messing it up
(text boxes are too easy to move by accident). If there is no solution
to the merge, perhaps an alternative to the footer?

Thanks a lot for any help you can give,
Ben