Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Letter Head problem....

You cannot apply a new template to old letter documents and have it update
the fixed elements that they contain - Suzanne's suggestion will help for
the future. For the present a function to search and replace across a batch
of files may be more to the point eg
http://www.gmayor.com/batch_replace.htm. I do however, wonder at the wisdom
of changing file copies of old letters to reflect data that did not apply at
the time they were mailed?

Matt wrote:
I am currently working in an office where there are lots of letters
that all require the same letterhead. The problem is, people have
left and phone numbers change etc and I am now in the position where
I have to go into 20+ letters and edit them one by one.

Is there any way to pull one letterhead into multiple word files?
This way I can edit that one, and have the changes reflected in all
of the various letters.