Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

Default How do I insert a title for a TOC?

Insert the titles above the table of figures and table of contents,
using the appropriate paragraph styles. For a table of contents title,
you wouldn't use a style picked up by the TOC, of course.

Note also that master documents could cause document corruption. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RecoverMasterDocs.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Geranium" wrote in message
I have created a TOC, and a Table of Figures for my thesis while

working in
Word 2003 Master Doc - but am unable to insert a Heading 1 title

into the
TOF so that it appears in the TOC. And the TOC itself appears

without a title
at the top. How can one insert a title while working in Master Doc

mode?