Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Mail Merge Source

Possibly, since you last did it, under ToolsOptionsGeneral, you have
checked the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. If that is
the case, try unchecking it and then try and attach the data source and see
if things return to what is normal for you.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"jandcd" wrote in message
I am trying to mailmerge labels from an excel workbook. I've done this a
hundred times but for some reason the last time I tried everything went
fine
until I tried to select my source. I found my source in my documents,
opened
it, selected the worksheet and then this dialog box showed up asking me to
select a table. I've never seen this box before and I tried selecting the
source again but then it tells me it cannot find my source!? What is
going
on? I am so confused, help! Thank you!