Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default calculations in mail merge

You need a field calculation using a formula field e.g.

Let's assume that you want to multiply the content of a mergefield called
fieldname by 2 then

{={Mergefield fieldname} * 2}

Both sets of field brackets are entered with CTRL+F9 the remainder is typed.

Obviously the mergefield must have a numeric content.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

2shelbys wrote:
Hello,
I need to perform a simple calculation in a mail merge document and I
can not find anything anywhere on how to do it. All I need to do is
to multiply a number from one of the columns in my data file by a
number I can input. I have looked in the tutorial and online and can
not find anything. Can someone please tell me in plain english the
easiest way to set up the document to perform this operation? Your
help is most appreciated.