Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Default calculations in mail merge

Hi 2shelbys,

Taking Graham's response one step further, so that you can do your input, you could insert a FILLIN field into the equation, as in:
{={Mergefield fieldname}*{FILLIN "What value"}}
You can add switches to the FILLIN field to set a default response and to control whether you will be prompted for every record. See
Word's Help file for more details.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"2shelbys" wrote in message ...
Hello,
I need to perform a simple calculation in a mail merge document and I can
not find anything anywhere on how to do it. All I need to do is to multiply a
number from one of the columns in my data file by a number I can input. I
have looked in the tutorial and online and can not find anything. Can someone
please tell me in plain english the easiest way to set up the document to
perform this operation? Your help is most appreciated.