Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How can you round a number in a non-calculating field?

I guess I'm remembering wrong, then.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
When I test this (text form field of type "Number," with the format set to
"0.00,"), Word doesn't seem to round the number correctly, if I add
excessive decimals.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I believe it's been established that Word does actually round numbers when
you set a specific number of digits to display.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
As far as I know, you cannot actually round numbers in a display field,
but you can specify a number format so that Word drops digits that you
don't want to show (for example, all decimals but the first two).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jerye" wrote in message
I have a form field that needs to be rounded, but it is not a
calculating
form field, it is the field used in the calculation of another form
field. Is
there a way to do this?

Jerye