Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Missing dlls

Never open documents directly from e-mails. Save them to the hard drive
first!
Answer 'no' to the normal.dot prompt if you don't know what the changes are.

B.W. wrote:
Recently sometimes when I open a word doc directly from OE6 just read
it and don't scroll or do anything to it, not always but sometimes
I'm asked do I want to Save, why is this happening with just some? Also
when opening some of these files directly from OE when I go to
close them they say normal or global dot has been changed do I want
to save the change and I say no. Does this mean that the file I have
looked at is trying to change my normal.dot?
Is anyone else having these problems, these have only cropped up in
the last week?

TIA

B.W.

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
Thanks Graham, yes regional settings Australia and English
Australian. Also the proofing parameter in Language etc are as you
set out. (This is what I did originally, but I did go back and
re-check.) Bit confused as when I click on Australian English it is
selected (Blue) but a tick appears below against English US? So I
have left the check against English Australia.

B.W.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Check the language set in Windows regional settings.
Check the language proofing parameter in the normal paragraph style.
From tools language set language - uncheck 'automatically
detect' --

B.W. wrote:
O.K. after curing this for a couple of days, it's back again, what is
causing it?

Any advice please.

B.W.

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
Thanks for that, yes that's how I cured it. I just wondered why
it happened in the first place though?

B.W.

wrote in message
I got around this by selecting all in a document (CTRL-A) then
choosing my local language under the language option, and
positively selecting it (ie highlighting, and not just relying on
the underline. "B.W." (del xxx) wrote in
message
For a little while I have been editing docs I have been
receiving messages saying I have 2 specific MSSpell dlls
missing. After some searching I have discovered this has
apparently something to do with proofing tools in the wrong
language. I have not changed anything on my system to cause
this to happen. Does anyone know the reason for this, I would
like to know in case this problem re-occurs. Luckily I have
found the solution and have fixed it so far.

It couldn't be an update or an outside doc which somehow it
setting this change on my system could it?

TIA

B.W.