Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wendy

Default Customizing "Change Case" Command

Thanks, Carol. I tried this procedure. It doesn't solve my problem
completely, however, for two reasons:

1) it is very slow -- takes about 15-20 seconds for each change
2) it needs to be applied to non-congruent, separate words in a title
(words such as "and," "in," etc.)

It would be so much faster to just highlight all of the words of the title
and have the correct capitalization.

Best,
Wendy

"Carol" wrote:

I use 2003 and if I want to change the case of text I simply highlight it and
then depress SHIFT + F3 and it cycles through the cases.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Wendy" wrote:

I currently use Word 2002. This and earlier versions of word capitalize all
of the words highlighted when "Title Case" is chosen, rather than just the
first, last, and major words, as is done in academic work.

Is there a way to change this within Word or by programming? Has this been
changed in more recent versions of Word?