Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Toody

Default how do I change or add a new field in a data source?

Hi, I'm using a data source from a Word 97 document. In Word 97, I used to be
able to change or add a field by entering a new column and title wherever I
wanted to. However, in Word 2003, I'm not allowd to do this. How can I change
the field title in the Word 97 document in Word 2003? For instance, I would
like to change the field that labeled "Phone1" to "Home Phone."

I am able to merge the old datasource with a Word 2003 document without any
problem. I read somewhere that I could use Access, but I don't have that
program.