Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default mail merge recipients

I forgot your last bit -
The short answer is no, but you can edit the data file if you add the Mail
Merge Helper
See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm
Probably simpler is to create a catalog/directory merge containing all the
fields and then convert the resulting file to a Word table - see
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

Toody wrote:
What would happen if I saved it in Word?

Also, one last question: Is there a way to add a new field/header
after the datasource has already been created using the 6-step
process indicated at the right hand side of the Word screen?

Thanks again!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You can certainly *copy* the data file to CD media (just don't save
it there from Word).

Toody wrote:
Thank you so much. Even though I'm still wonderin why step 5 0f 6
shows multiple pages of the labels, sometimes in different order, I
am very happy with the instructions that you gave me. And the
toolbar makes things much easier for me! I'm also happy to have the
Mail Merge Helper back!

I do have one more question...What is the best way to back up a
datasource, so that I don't lose all the information if something
happens to my hard drive. Can the datasource be saved on a CD-RW?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Merge to a new document. It's called Edit merge or similar in the
wizard, but simpler from the merge toolbar - see

Toody wrote:
Why, in Step 5 of 6 of Word 2003 Mail Merge, are there more than
one Recipient, as in "Recipient 1" and "Recipient 2" ( indicated
by the arrows) even though there is actually only one page of
labels. And why don't you see the final merge until after you've
selected the print feature? I'd like to know how many pages of
labels to put into the printer.

I read in one of the posts that you can use an output (or was it
an outsource) document. Regardless, what do you use as an
outsource/output document if your datasource is in Word?