Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Random Lines

Thanks for the idea, but ... I can't do that. There's too
much other formatting that I have to keep. I can use find/replace on
formatting to get the styles applied. But unless someone can think of
another way -- I guess I'm going to have to hunt and peck and find
hundreds of drawing lines and delete them one by one.

I was hoping that somehow they might be on a different layer
that I could go to and just kill them all.

Awaiting your responses with baited breath, I remain, yours truly,
*((( ~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 13:29:38 +0200, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:

Try saving the document as a .txt file.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"*(((" wrote in message
.. .
Yes -- but I want to not have to click on 100's of them and
delete them, one by one. Is there a quicker way?

Awaiting your responses with baited breath, I remain, yours truly,
*((( ~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 22:00:11 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

If the have handles such as you describe, they *are* drawing lines. You
should be able to click on them and delete them.

so
all may benefit.

"*(((" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2002. I've OCR'd a long text and am cleaning
it up. There are lines here and there. They are not graphical lines.
They are not underlines or text-created lines. They are the lines
that when highlighted, show a colored round "handle" at each end.

There are hundreds of them. I'd like to find a quick way to
get rid of all of them. Suggestions?