Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sean Bishop Sean Bishop is offline

Default Using a form within a table

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Sadly, that is not possible when you use form controls in the body of
the document. The form field doesn't check the number of characters
until the user manually exits from the field. Even if you were to
write a macro of some sort, there's no method for causing the macro to
run until the user tabs or clicks out of the field.

If you want that sort of automation, you need a userform (a dialog
that you create and program in VBA). The text box control in a
userform has the ability to run a subroutine each time the content of
the box changes (any character is added, deleted, or replaced), and
that subroutine can cause the focus to jump to the next control on the
userform. When the user clicks a command button (usually "OK"), then
the contents of all the controls can be transferred to the document.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userfo...eAUserForm.htm to get
started.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 06:37:01 -0700, Sean Bishop
wrote:

I am using Office 2000 - Word
I have created a table and then used form controls to get input in the right
boxes. This works OK. Part of the form requires single numbers in each input
box, dates etc.
The form controls are set to allow only one digit to be entered in the box.
What I would now like to do is to automate it so that when the number is
entered into the box it automatically moves onto the next fill in box without
having use the forward button.
Is this possible ?
Many thanks in advance for your help.

Dear Jay Freedman,

Thank you for your reply to my question - you have started me on a new road
which looks to be veery interesting.