There are two factors at work he

1. Whether balloons are enabled on the Track Changes tab of Tools | Options.

2. What view they're in; balloons are displayed only in Print Layout and Web
Layout views.

For more, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

"Regina" wrote in message
IN using Word 2002, 2 people are seeing the changes marked
differently but in the same document stored on our
intranet: one sees the balloons and the other sees the
changes on the bottom. Can anyone clue me in on how this
toggle works and where it is located? I am not able to
find it in Options or a Google Search.
Thanks
Regina