Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tom Bean Tom Bean is offline

Default IncludeText Problem

macropod,

I tried putting the \! switch in one of the INCLUDETEXT fields and I still
got the prompt to open a read-only copy and I also had an "Error! Bookmark
not defined" error for every merge field in the included document.

At this point, I don't guess there's anything to do to prevent the
'read-only' prompt.

Thanks,
Tom

"macropod" wrote in message
Hi Tom,

Provided you put in switch in the INCLUDETEXT field and not the MERGEIELD,
I would expect so.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Tom Bean" wrote in message
macropod,

The documents I am including have MERGEFIELDs in them also. Will the
MERGEFIELDs be updated in I use the switch?

Thanks,
Tom

"macropod" wrote in message
hi Tom,

You could try adding the \! switch. This prevents the INCLUDETEXT field
updating cross-references imported from the source document, which may
be all you need.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Tom Bean" wrote in message
Occasionaly, a user has an included document open in Word while a mail
merge is running. This causes the mail merge to open a message box
with "Open document read-only?" The main document is opened read-only
so I thougth all the attachments would be opened read-only too. But
apparently not.

Is there any setting for INCLUDETEXT or for the Word application, like
DisplayAlerts, to prevent this message box?

Thanks,
Tom