Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tom Bean Tom Bean is offline

Default IncludeText Problem

macropod,

Here's an example of a merge field to include a document:

{ INCLUDETEXT "Agreement.doc" }

Tom

"macropod" wrote in message
Hi Tom,

Can you post your field coding? You'll need to copy the text out of the
fields and type the braces into your newsreader.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Tom Bean" wrote in message
macropod,

I tried putting the \! switch in one of the INCLUDETEXT fields and I
still got the prompt to open a read-only copy and I also had an "Error!
Bookmark not defined" error for every merge field in the included
document.

At this point, I don't guess there's anything to do to prevent the
'read-only' prompt.

Thanks,
Tom

"macropod" wrote in message
Hi Tom,

Provided you put in switch in the INCLUDETEXT field and not the
MERGEIELD, I would expect so.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Tom Bean" wrote in message
macropod,

The documents I am including have MERGEFIELDs in them also. Will the
MERGEFIELDs be updated in I use the switch?

Thanks,
Tom

"macropod" wrote in message
hi Tom,

You could try adding the \! switch. This prevents the INCLUDETEXT
field updating cross-references imported from the source document,
which may be all you need.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Tom Bean" wrote in message
Occasionaly, a user has an included document open in Word while a
mail merge is running. This causes the mail merge to open a message
box with "Open document read-only?" The main document is opened
read-only so I thougth all the attachments would be opened read-only
too. But apparently not.

Is there any setting for INCLUDETEXT or for the Word application,
like DisplayAlerts, to prevent this message box?

Thanks,
Tom