Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
StargateFanWrk StargateFanWrk is offline

Default Alternating row colouring.

"macropod" wrote in message
Hi StargateFanWrk,

See reply in microsoft.public.word.vba.beginners.

Please don't post separately to multiple newsgroups.

Hi, I thought it would be obvious that two separate newsgroups were used
because there are two separate solutions to the situation. Here I'm
requesting information for what I've found are "striped" tables via the
table styles, or perhaps another solution that I'm unaware of since I found
I could not get the talbe style to work. I posted in the vb group for code
to do it via a macro script. I cannot post both questions in the same
group.

Thank you.

--
Cheers
macropod

"StargateFanWrk" wrote in message
I've very new to word table styles; in fact only really stumbled onto
them today.

I tried my hand at creating a new style to apply alternate row colouring
(grey 15%) but when I applied it, it took out the darker header row
colouring and slid the table a couple of inches off to the right and off
the page. (Word I've found, is very notorious at applying all sorts of
hidden things in the background vs just what you're trying to apply.) Is
there a way to just isolate one particualr effect and apply that, in this
case applying only a 15% grey to alternatve rows only without doing all
the rest? The new stable style was built according to one called "table
grid" which I was hoping was a format that wouldn't change anything else.

Is a table style perhaps the only way to apply alternate row colouring to
all but a header row - 15% grey to alternate rows, 30% grey to header
row)?