Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default How to uninstall office 2007and transfer to a new computer?

Yes, that is the way to do it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Jorge Cervantes" wrote in message
Thanks for your comment.
Can I simply uninstall Office from "Add or Remove Programs"?
John

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 12:54:37 -0700, James Cargo
wrote:

Hi, Office 2007 was installed on a desktop and a laptop computers. The
retail version of the Office 2007 allows to install only on two
computers. Now, I got a new windows 7 desktop computer. How can I
uninstall Office 2007 in the old computer and transfer/install on the
new Win7 computer?
John

Office doesn't have any built-in way to transfer a license from one
computer to another. The proper procedure is to uninstall it from the
old computer and, using the original disk and its product key, install
it on the new computer. After installation, when you try to activate
Office, you'll probably see a message box telling you that the maximum
number of installations has already been used and giving you a
telephone number at Microsoft Support. Call the number and explain
that you've moved Office to the new computer; they'll give you a new
activation key.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman