Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed O'Brien Ed O'Brien is offline

Default Cannot Register Document

Windows XP Home. Dell Inspiron Laptop. MS Office 2003.

I have just finished a recovery installation on my daughters laptop.
Everything worked fine - including reactivating Office by telephone -
however when I open any document in Word 2003 (not Excel) I get the
message...:

"This document could not be registered. It will not be possible to create
links from other documents to this document."

I have checked in Options etc but I cannot find any reference to
registering. I do not know what this is.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

TIA for any help.

Ed