Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default change control listbox results to numbers

Better to ask in the excel.programming newsgroup. But use the .ListIndex
attribute of the listbox + 1

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Gmann" wrote in message

I have a listbox (activex control) in an excel worksheet, it returns a
"text" value to the linked cell, when the item is selected from the
list.

Since I want to do math with the result in the linked cell, how can I
use vba to return a corresonding numeric value, instead of the text
value.

I know the listbox created from the "forms" menu, returns a number, but
I like the versatility of the activex control better. I have tried to
research this question for many days now, and can't find a reference to
this problem.

Has anyone else tried this? Any help is humbly appreciated.

--
Gmann