Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Is there a two a shortcut to Save As with two letters?

Hi Octavio,

Read http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...roToHotkey.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Octavio wrote:
Thanks, Terry.

I like the F12 key, except that the keyboard drawer under my desk has
the F function keys too far back and under the desk, and I could not
see them, and the drawer cannot be extended further to the front so I
could see then, so that is why I am looking at other alternatives.

I assume that most likely there is a way that I can program the keys,
but my knowledge of Word is not deep enough for my to try that.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
If it is a new (unsaved) document, then Ctrl+S will trigger the
SaveAs dialog too because Word is unable to simply Save as it
doesn't know what name or location to save it.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Octavio" wrote in message
I know that Ctrl + S is the shortcut to Save document.
I wonder, is there a shorcut to Save As other than the F12 key?

Thanks.