Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Find and Replace: Flashing Rectangles-- Word 2003

"removing all headers and footers"
t.com wrote in message

Thanks, that was it. I wonder how that box got checked. This was new....
JF

Word 2003 particularly has a bad habit of randomly changing such options.
Some have blamed the influence of add-ins but I am not convinced this is the
issue. If you have a particular setting (or settings) that change for your
installation. You can force the required settings with autoopen and autonew
macros in the normal template, to ensure the settings you require are
correct for each document. - see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm