Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default spell checking in Word 2007

Jeff

That's bugged for both Word 2007 and Word 2010, so it is going to be around
for some while. Hopefully it will be fixed with the first major revision of
W2010, but I wouldn't hold your breath as Word 15 is more likely.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

wrote in message
I am working in Word 2007 in Windows 7 with a document originally prepared
in Word 2002 and am encountering problems with spell checking.

a) "Ignore" or "ignore all" of misspelled words does not stick after the
doc is saved and reopened.

b) Right mouse click and selecting set language does not change the
language of a word while using Set Language from the menu does - but it
too does not survive save and reopening the document.

Very frustrating to work with. Any suggestions?