Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PaulWGoddard PaulWGoddard is offline

Default Bulk remove images

If the find & replace ^g doesn't work (which is very cool), here is
another possibility. I just tested this on a singe page and it worked
with an anchored picture.

1. Select all the text and convert to a table with one column.
2. Copy and paste the table into an Excel spreadsheet. (When I did
this, it pasted the image, but the image was off to the right and not
included in the single column.)
3. Copy the Excel column and paste back into Word.
4. Convert the table to text with paragraph divider.

It worked on my test. Maybe it will work for you too.

Paul Goddard

On Apr 23, 12:10*pm, "C. Newell" wrote:
I have a moderate size document (750 pages) which was converted from PDF.
The original had a screened watermark which was replicated as multiple image
files (3-5 per page) anchored to text paragraphs.

Is there an easy way to locate, select, and delete these graphics (there are
no other images) without affecting the text and without having to repeat the
process 3000+ times to get every one?

C. Newell